Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The blankets are Finished---


This is Audrey's---



Sorry the 2nd picture is so bright. Have to keep practicing with my camera and editing.


This is Greyson's--



I really love the backing on this one.



This is Bridget's---


Bridget's is a little different. The material on the front is a cotton blend, not flannel, so I used a fusible fleece and then I tied it with light pink embroidery floss.  I love how it looks.


I would like to thank Christine for her great tutorial--you can find it here

I'm making some "Valentines" to send to them also. Then it's wrapping and mailing. I've really enjoyed getting back to sewing and crafting. I can hardly wait until I can do it all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Megan - I am very happy that you found this tutorial useful. Please include this link in your blog post - http://every-day-mom.blogspot.com/2009/10/self-binding-receiving-blanket.html. I am trying to transfer all my tips and tricks to this new blog and use the other for more family-related things. Thanks so much!

    Happy sewing,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, welcome to Blogville. The blankets are so cute. I'm so glad you'll be joining the Valentine party. If you have any trouble linking up, let me know. (bargainhunr@gmail.com). laurie

    ReplyDelete